“Just when I think I have learned the way to live, life changes.” Hugh Prather
For the most part I do not dislike change, infact I often find it refreshing.
This past week I started a my final 12 week internship for school. It is at a rehab hospital working patients who have had spinal cord injuries. It is both amazing and overwhelming at the same time. Sadly, this new rotation is not in Austin aka my favorite city in the world. I am now in Houston amongst the traffic, pollution and perservatives. But…there have been some great changes lately!
- The worm has left!
- The book is moving forward!
- I made these life changing cottage cheese and raisin muffins!
The snacking squirrel doesn’t lie. The trick to getting a glorious muffin top really is over filling the muffin pan.
Cottage Cheese and Raisin Muffins (adapted from Muffins Galore cook book by Catherine Atkinson)
1. Preheat oven to 400. Grease muffin tin.
2. Mix flour, bran cereal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, orange zest, and salt in large bowl.
3. In separate bowl, mix cottage cheese, yogurt, honey, melted butter, eggs. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix briefly until combined. Fold in carrots and raisins.
4. Spoon batter into muffin cups – OVERFILL for amazing tops!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups all-bran cereal
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2-3 tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- ½ cup rasins