These pancakes were inspired by my favorite recipe for black bean brownies. They are THE BOMB. They are also gluten free, full of fiber, protein and antioxidants – holla!
- 1 regular can of blackbeans ( or about 2/3 cup of black beans)
- 1/2 scoop protein powder (I use chocolate)
- 2/3 cup of egg whites
- 1/3 cup of cocoa powder (thats where the antioxidants come in)
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla
- 2 tablespoons of agave (add more or less depending on how sweet you want them)
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil (for cooking)
1. Strain the can of blackbeans, so that you do not have any black bean juice in your pancakes (blah).
2. Add all ingredients to either a Vitamix or food processor
3. Mix on high for about 1 – 2 minutes (until everything is well incorporated)
4. Cook in a skillet on medium heat. Add the coconut oil to the skillet so your batter does not stick.
The batter is fairly thick and will take about 2.5 minutes to cook per side.
The recipe makes about 4 or 5 medium pancakes.
These pancakes turn out fluffy and chocolately and oh so good! Enjoy them! They also freeze well and taste good with ice cream